Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Because (You) Can: The Katy Rose Bio

Katy experience life in a recording studio from her very own backyard. Born on 27th January, 1987, Kathryn Rosemary Bullard was born to a night club and back-up singer, Cecelia Gisiger, and musician father, Kim Bullard. As a child, she would regularly spend time in the studio and hang out with the numerous artists such as Alanis Morrisette, Weird Al Yankovic, the Goo Goo Dolls, Tori Amos and many more. Kim Bullard was precisely the producer and engineer of Katy’s debut 2004 album “Because I can”, a collection of songs about a teenage wasteland. Sometimes funny, sometimes sarcastic, “I am such an open book” she explained. The album was a huge success not only in the States, but the rest of the world, entering in music charts from France, South Africa, Japan and New Zealand. We find there treasures like “Lemon”, “Overdrive” and also “Catch my fall”, with lines like: “I’ll cry just a little bit longer / And I’ll stay two seconds more / And I’ll try to be stronger / And I’ll see if you catch my fall or ” or “I keep on dreamin because I can even though my eyes don’t close / I keep on trippin because its free to a place I only know”, from “Because I Can”. Her second album, “Candy Eyed”, 2007, it was released more than three years after her debut album, and on an independent record label River Jones Music. After the successful release of Katy’s album, the star began a two-year world tour with The Cardigans, Liz Phair and The Calling with Alex Band. Katy also appeared on two successful movie soundtracks: Mean Girls (“Overdrive”) and Thirteen (“Lemon”).  

The singer began a musical theater camp for children that she ran whilst planning her next course of action in the recording industry. Katy began writing her music through a perspective that she had never approached before. This fresh, new direction caught the attention of Electronic Arts, who immediately put one of her new songs, “Be a Part of It”, into the widely popular Sims 3 video game. 


“My career has been crazy and he has been with me every step of the way” argumented Katy. Some tried to compare with Avril Lavigne, but she’s Katy Rose in big letters, without comparison.

As far as we know, she is preparing a new album due to release next year...

Eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment